The vast island continent of Australia is often seen as an aspirational, once-in-a-lifetime, destination but after that first, memorable visit you'll yearn to return for a second luxury Australia holiday.
A place where natural wonders never stop to amaze and cosmopolitan cities entice you to wander their streets for hours, camera in hand.
Because of the air miles, here at Inspiring Travel company, we suggest you book in extra time for your bespoke discovery to Australia. This way you ensure your trip to the other side of the world includes all the major highlights you wish to see, with time to spare for the new ones you’ll unearth on your journey.
So where do you start with an Australian holiday?
Your first port of call should be Sydney. Here you can:
- Head to Bondi to watch the surfers,
- Take a boat trip past the Opera House or
- Venture into the Blue Mountains to abseil down dramatic cliff faces.
Travel north to Queensland up the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, where you’ll reach trendy Brisbane, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and its ‘paradise found’ Whitsunday Islands. Make time for a trip to Fraser Island, the world’s largest sand island and natural wonder, on your route to sunny Cairns.
Your Australian journey could then take you anti-clockwise around this vast island to Darwin. This is a centre of incredible history, known as the red centre, with a trip to the country’s famed Alice Springs and epic Uluru. On the western coast, there’s Perth where a visit to the WACA could be on your itinerary, as well as a stay at one of Margaret River’s stunning vineyards.
Along the south coast, you’ll discover the museums and galleries of Adelaide and incredible wildlife on Kangaroo Island. And then there is, of course, Melbourne, a favourite with visitors to Australia for its trendy eateries along the Yarra River.
If you have the time, an adventure to Tasmania, the ‘island of inspiration’, will reward you with a wealth of natural wonders.
The tropical northern half of Australia is best visited in its dry season of May to October. Southern Australia experiences four seasons, the reverse of the UK, so expect hot summers, December to February and cool winters, June to August. Spring and Autumn are generally very pleasant times to visit, ideal for touring holidays.
Bespoke Australia Holiday
At Inspiring Travel company, we can create a bespoke holiday to Australia for you, including all these amazing highlights and more. Teamed with our outstanding collection of hotels and first-class flight experiences, you’ll be sure to have the holiday of a lifetime.
Where to go in Australia
- Dine under the stars at Table 131 for a unique and unforgettable experience
- Signature experiences such Kata Tjuta at sunrise and Uluru at sunset are included in your stay
- Enjoy unparalleled views of Uluru from the comfort of your bed
- Stargaze on your luxury outdoor terrace, warmed by your outdoor fireplace
- The Dining Room boasts waterfront dining with views of Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour
- Specially commissioned paintings and artefacts create an art gallery across the hotel
- Watch Sydney come alive and enjoy stunning views from your private balcony
- Almost every room offers a view over the harbour, the Opera House or both
Taking pride of place on the shores of Perth’s Swan River, Crown Towers hotel and the surrounding Crown Perth complex are unrivalled in the city, when it comes to scale and abundance of onsite facilities. This super-sleek, modern hotel has access to nearly 40 separate bars, restaurants, food halls, cafés and fast-food joints as well as nightclubs, live music venues, a fully-fledged theatre and gl...
Sitting pretty in the heart of Melbourne’s sparkling Central Business District, the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins certainly looks the part with reliable guestrooms, spacious suites and plenty of onsite facilities. While here you’ll be just moments from: Federation Square the Princess Theatre, Melbourne Museum and Melbourne Arts Centre with plenty more local landmarks, lots of restaurants, shoppi...
- Your stay includes all gourmet meals, quality wines, beers and spirits and an all-inclusive mini-bar
- Enjoy an inclusive daily curated experience such as an island cruise, snorkelling or nature-based guided activity
- Make unlimited use of the motorised dinghies, paddle boards, kayaks, catamaran and snorkelling equipment
- Take your pick from neighbouring island beaches for private beach picnics prepared by the chef
A slick spa, Club Level rooms, epic views and a hop, skip and a jump into the centre of Melbourne makes The Langham an excellent choice for visitors to this great city. Located in the heart of the Southbank Promenade, the city’s arts and leisure district, this upscale hotel on the banks of the Yarra River boasts sweeping views of the Melbourne skyline. This means guests are only a short walk from...
- Enjoy unparalleled views of Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge from the harbour’s edge
- Explore the adjacent Museum of Contemporary Art as well as historic The Rocks and Circular Quay
- Swim in one of Sydney’s largest heated outdoor pools or savour a cocktail from The Cabana
- Stay in the corner ‘Full Harbour View’ rooms for the best vistas from any Sydney hotel
A superb location means you’ll be within walking distance of key attractions such as the Art Gallery of South Australia, the National Wine Centre and Adelaide’s Botanical Gardens. You’ll also find several bars, restaurants and a range of eclectic shops just a few moments away in Rundle Street and Rundle Mall. The hotel offers 120 rooms including their Classic Rooms, rooms with balconies and Majes...
This eye-catching heritage-listed building is a fine example of the preservation and restoration going on in Sydney’s historic Rocks district. The former site of Sydney’s first hospital was purchased by local lawyer George Evans, who constructed Evan’s Stores warehouses in 1887. These colonial sandstone buildings are of late Victorian Italianate style and were converted into a hotel in 1989, with...
- Set on 7,000 acres of outback, encounter wild birds, kangaroos, wallabies and wombats
- The journey here is spectacular, whether you arrive by car or helicopter
- A personalised itinerary is created for you, ensuring you get the best from your stay
- Wake to the sights and sounds of wild birds and kangaroos hopping across the valley floor
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Which One&Only Resort Should You Visit This Year?
When it comes to holidays, everyone's looking for something different. The One&Only Resorts portfol...Joanne - July, 2021
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - May, 2022
Top Tourist Attractions in Australia
The top tourist attractions in Australia come in all shapes and sizes! With history, arts, dining a...Other Shores Team - June, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details