Discover Luxury Holidays in the Caribbean
A signature destination for the Inspiring Travel company, our Caribbean holidays boast only the most beautiful beaches, bluest ocean views and luxurious hotels on offer. Renowned for private island paradises, beachside resorts and a fabulous laid-back atmosphere, the Caribbean is also surprisingly diverse. Whether you want to relax on the sumptuous sands of Barbados, take an adventure through the rainforest of St Lucia or sip rum at sunset in Antigua, we can create your perfect Caribbean escape.
Where to Stay in the Caribbean?
Paradise awaits at these top islands in the Caribbean…
- Boasting a bounty of scenic beaches, Antigua has something for everyone. Famous for its sailing regatta, you can also swim with stingrays, zipline the treetops and explore the historic harbour.
- One of the Caribbean’s most iconic islands, Barbados’ west coast is known for refined luxury. Along with a renowned restaurant scene, you can enjoy stunning sunsets from its famed white-sand beaches.
Let us help you find the perfect luxury holiday in the Caribbean…
Each Caribbean island has its own unique character and offering. While they all boast some of the world’s best beaches, there is so much more to discover, from Michelin-starred cuisine and world-leading wellness retreats to tropical adventures, fascinating history and renowned diving spots.
We know that a luxury holiday in the Caribbean looks different for everyone. Some people want to relax in total solitude, while others crave a lively vibe. Perhaps being close to a golf course is essential to you, or your children love to have fun in the kids’ clubs.
So, whether you're planning a honeymoon, a family holiday or are celebrating a special occasion, allow our Travel Specialists to tailor your trip to your exact needs. With over 40 years experience in creating luxury Caribbean holidays, simply give us a call for expert insights into these wonderfully diverse islands.
Our Top Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean
From 5-star beachfront hideaways to private island escapes and all-inclusive resorts, our experts have handpicked some of the best luxury hotels and villas for your holiday in the Caribbean.
- Three golf courses, including the world-renowned Green Monkey, exclusive to Sandy Lane guests
- Palatial spa with treatments drawn from wellbeing traditions across the world
- Personalised beachside services include reserved seating, refreshing cold towels and water misting
- Complimentary use of The Treehouse Club kids' club with activities including themed dinner parties
- Complimentary roundtrip airport transfers
Jumby Bay Island
- Truly tranquil, car-free private island which you can explore on your complimentary bicycle
- Beautifully appointed suites and villas, plus stunning individually designed Private Residences
- All-inclusive à la carte menus including fine dining, beach barbecues and ‘farm to table’ experiences
- Enjoy guided snorkelling, kayak tours and round the island boat trips
- Cinema on the Beach offers classic big screen action complete with cocktails and popcorn
Coral Reef Club
- Beautiful plantation-style hotel set in bountiful tropical gardens
- Situated on the sought-after West Coast of Barbados with stunning sunset views
- Family-owned for over 50 years, with personalised service and a real home-from-home feel
- Tranquil spa with waterfalls and tropical plants weaving throughout
Fairmont Royal Pavilion
- Exceptional beachfront location on one of the best stretches of Barbados' West Coast
- Beachfront Junior Suites and Oceanfront Rooms give unobstructed views of the Caribbean Sea
- Enjoy complimentary yoga, non-motorised watersports and tennis
- Beachfront Junior Suites include daily Afternoon Tea, butler service, airport fast track and private transfers
- Several freshwater pools, three secluded beach coves and lush tropical gardens to relax in
- Flexible accommodation options with rooms, suites and resort villas offering up to six bedrooms
- Complimentary watersports including snorkelling and windsurfing, plus yoga and Pilates classes
- Choose bed and breakfast or all-inclusive and dine across three restaurants
- Boutique luxury on the platinum sands of Barbados' West Coast
- Family-owned and run with attentive service from longstanding staff year-after-year
- Harold’s Beach Bar is a favoured spot for guests, serving al fresco beachside lunches
- Stay in the Curlew Tree Top Suite for breathtaking ocean views and a private plunge pool
- Enjoy restaurants at sister property, Coral Reef Club, with exchange dining
- One of only a select handful of Relais & Châteaux hotels in the Caribbean
- Stylish and intimate resort tucked away in the secluded L'Anse Aux Epines Bay
- Fantastic cuisine served in the iconic Rhodes Restaurant and at the Beach Club
- Unique breakfast experience, served al fresco on your suite's private balcony or veranda
- Warmly welcoming, the hotel has been family-owned and run for over 30 years
Colony Club by Elegant Hotels
- Idyllic West Coast location set amidst lagoon-style pools, swaying palms and tropical gardens
- Complimentary water taxi service to enjoy the amenities at four other West Coast Elegant Hotels
- Taste of Elegance Dine Around Programme with five other Elegant Hotels properties
- Enjoy complimentary watersports including expert tuition from Aqua School instructors
- Dine on fresh lobster with music every Thursday at Lobster & Jazz Night
Our Caribbean Holiday Inspiration
Looking for something specific? We take the time to ensure your Caribbean holiday is tailored to your personal needs. Be inspired by some of our popular holiday collections below or contact our Travel Specialists to craft your own bespoke arrangements.
Caribbean Holiday Highlights
The Caribbean is known for its beautiful beaches and blue waters, but there is so much more than just sumptuous sands. It’s also famed for being the birthplace of Bob Marley, plus is home to world famous rum distilleries, prime yachting locations, pristine ecological sites, crystal-clear diving spots and so much more!
Discover some of our top highlights for a Caribbean holiday here...
The Caribbean's World Famous Beaches
We can’t talk about holidays to the Caribbean without mentioning a little more about its beaches. It is, afterall, one of the ultimate beach holiday destinations in the world. The only problem is, with so many options to choose from, how do you know which one is best for your holiday?
The most popular beaches in the Caribbean
While they all boast silky soft sands, pristine waters and beautiful surroundings, each Caribbean island can offer a slightly different beach experience. Some of the most popular can be found along Barbados’ west coast, also known as the ‘Platinum Coast’. Here you will discover luxury hotels lining the sands, offering everything you need to relax and have fun.
Beyond Barbados, some of the other most popular Caribbean beaches include Sugar Beach in St.Lucia, Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman and Shoal Bay in Anguilla. Of course, if you are looking for somewhere more secluded, look out for smaller or private islands such as those in the British Virgin Islands.
Discover the calm blue waters of the Caribbean
It’s not just sand that makes a beach holiday truly brilliant. The Caribbean islands are known for having some of the bluest and calmest waters. Not only does this make them some of the prettiest islands in the world, but also makes them ideal for both families and water sports. Turks and Caicos are known for their peaceful and gentle coastlines, while Grande Anse beach in Grenada is famed for its blue waters.
Take a look at our blog to discover more of the Best Beaches in the Caribbean.
Caribbean Food & Drink
One of the most irresistible aspects of the Caribbean islands is the vibrant mix of cultures that combine to create something completely unique. And, there is no better way to experience this than by tasting the food on offer.
It’s all about flavour!
The Caribbean isn’t shy when it comes to flavour. Food here mixes traditions from many nationalities such as African, East Indian, Arab, Chinese and Creole. As a result, Caribbean food packs a unique punch of spicy, hot, bold and colourful flavours that you will never get tired of tasting, such as…
- Fresh seafood – the basis of many popular Caribbean dishes, you’ll find a fish fry across many islands. Grilled flying fish are hugely popular in Barbados, while conch meat and rock lobster are specialities in the Bahamas.
- Jerk – one of the Caribbean’s most famous food exports, get a taste of the ‘real thing’ in Jamaica! Find it rubbed into slow-cooked chicken, served with rice and peas.
- Stew – Stews are also popular in the Caribbean, particularly goat stew or a ‘pepperpot’, which is packed with colourful native vegetables.
- Fruit - With all that sunshine, tropical fruits add to the unique taste of Caribbean food, too. Papaya makes a very welcome juicy snack, while you might also find fried plantain on your dinner table.
- Spices – Grenada grows an abundance of spices, including nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and more. You’ll be able to taste them in sweet treats such as ice cream and fudge, or in a tangy Jamaican curry.
Rum lovers rejoice
For many people, one of the best Caribbean experiences is sinking your toes into the sand and enjoying an ice-cold drink under the palm trees.
And, at least one of these drinks is likely to feature some of the Caribbean’s most popular beverage – its world-famous rum! Production of rum in the Caribbean dates back centuries and it's even believed that the drink was in fact born in Barbados, as a by-product of the sugar cane plantations.
Whether it’s rum punch, a cocktail or poured straight on the rocks, you can taste Caribbean rum anywhere. If you’re interested in learning more, most distilleries also offer tours for visitors.
Restaurants in the Caribbean
When looking for a restaurant in the Caribbean, you can find everything from Michelin-starred cuisine to toes-in-the-sand beachfront shacks.
The Cliff in Barbados is legendary for its exclusive seafront location and incredible food – as is the far less formal Oistins Fish Fry! From candle-lit romantic dinners to music-filled barbecues and beachfront banquets, there is a great variety of restaurants in the Caribbean to suit everyone.
Colourful Caribbean Culture
Culture in the Caribbean was born from a mixture of influences, resulting in each island possessing its own unique heritage and character. From the red ‘British’ telephone boxes in Bermuda, to the St.Tropez style marina at St. Barthes, Caribbean culture is a true cultural kaleidoscope.
Music runs through the heart of the Caribbean. Naturally, reggae is huge in its homeland of Jamaica, where Bob Marley fans can visit his former home and recording studio.
There are also several music festivals held throughout the year, including jazz festivals in Barbados, Jamaica, St. Lucia and Anguilla. Naturally, Jamaica holds some key reggae festivals, along with Bob Marley week, which pays homage to the much-loved musician.
However, there is no time limit on when you can simply enjoy the steel pan music as you relax on the beach!
Many people forget that beyond the beaches and array of activities, there's a fascinating history to discover in the Caribbean. You can visit old sugar plantations to get a better understanding of what life was like for early inhabitants, or explore former fortresses, marinas and mills that once produced the Caribbean’s biggest exports.
Then there are the many stories of pirates who used to roam the waters, offering plenty of swashbuckling tales to discover.
Tropical Caribbean Adventures
The Caribbean is well known for its love of cricket, but there are plenty of other activities and sports to participate in when enjoying your holiday.
Water sports and snorkelling in the Caribbean
With a vast expanse of ocean, the Caribbean is the perfect location for water sports. From snorkelling to diving to deep-sea fishing, the region offers an array of activities along its shores.
The south-eastern peninsula of St Kitts is one of the best snorkelling areas within the Caribbean. With some of the clearest waters and exhilarating sea life, the location is perfect for those looking for some underwater entertainment.
Another wonderful spot is Thunderball Cave in the Bahamas. James Bond loved it, and we think you will too. Gringo Beach in Puerto Rico is another fabulous location to try your hand at snorkelling. Not only is it perfect for exploring marine life, it’s also an amazing beach area.
It’s not just water sports that make the Caribbean perfect for adventure lovers. Many islands have a lush interior that is ideal for hiking, exploring, and spotting wildlife.
St. Lucia is particularly popular with those who like to venture beyond a sun lounger. It’s home to the magnificent Pitons, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with incredible walks, plus chances to zipline the treetops and discover volcanic springs.
Jamaica offers a bounty of adventure opportunities, too. Dunns River Falls is a favourite, where you can watch the water cascade down the towering rocks stacked above. It also boasts the stunning Blue Mountain range, which is great for serious hikers.
Cricket fans will already be aware that the Caribbean is a great place to catch a match. Of course, there is also the not-so-small matter of the fastest man in the world hailing from Jamaica – the Olympic champion, Usain Bolt!
Golfers will also be in their element on a Caribbean holiday. Barbados boasts two world-class courses, Green Monkey at Sandy Lane, and Royal Westmoreland. You’ll also find Tom Fazio courses in the Bahamas, with more excellent options also available in Bermuda, Jamaica and Dominican Republic.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
Top 9 Experiences in the Cayman Islands
The Cayman Islands are a collection of three beautiful Caribbean isles just west of Jamaica. Com...Other Shores Team - December, 2021
Which is the Best Caribbean Island to Visit?
With over 7,000 to chose from, you might wonder which Caribbean island is best to visit. Of cour...Other Shores Team - June, 2022
Top 10 Experiences in Barbados
Wondering what to do in Barbados? We thought so. Here are our top 10 things to do on the island, by...Other Shores Team - April, 2022
Best Things to Do in St Vincent & The Grenadines
If you're looking for a Caribbean paradise a little off the beaten track, St Vincent and the Grenad...Joanne - March, 2021
Antiguan Food To Try on Your Holiday
Antigua might conjure up images of exquisite white sand beaches, swaying palms and magical sunsets....Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Top 9 Things to Do in Grenada
Imagine a Caribbean island. You're probably conjuring up an image of glorious white sands, enticing...Joanne - July, 2021
Top Restaurants in St Lucia
Got St Lucia on your bucket list? You're in for a treat - as well as amazing views, beautiful beach...Sophie - March, 2021
How to Spend Christmas in St Lucia
While a white winter in the UK certainly has its charms, we've got an idea that will certainly temp...Ceri - November, 2021
Top Restaurants in Antigua
Antigua is a paradise full of amazing cuisine, idyllic locations and friendly locals. The chille...Joanne - June, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details