Java is an attractive island with stunning natural beauty located in Indonesia and is one of the most popular and locally important islands in the country.
With a population of over 124 million, it is the most populous island in the world its capital is Jakarta the largest city in Indonesia. There are two weather seasons on Java; wet and dry.
No visit to Java could be complete without a visit to the historic Borobudur Temple. The temple marks the conclusion of the Buddhist pilgrimage to celebrate Vesak and makes it one of Indonesia’s most visited tourist attraction. The temple is impeccably maintained and easily accessible and provides visitors with unique scenic views and vistas.
Jakarta, the capital of the island, provides a number of luxury shops, restaurants and bars for guests to enjoy the city's bustling city culture. For more adventurous travellers West Java provides a more authentic and natural Java experience as its environment is comprises volcanic panoramas and valleys.
Java has a tropical climate throughout the year and so the weather seasons should be considered before planning your visit. The wet season is from October to April, while the warmer seasons are from May to September. Should you wish to explore the interior of the island more thoroughly then the drier months of April to October are best to consider.
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences