A haven for wildlife, surely Borneo’s most coveted attraction is its unspoilt rainforests. The island’s orangutans are its most famous inhabitant, but its rich cultural tapestry and fascinating history are also key incentives for travellers.
Where the jungle meets the coast you’ll discover pristine beaches and coral reefs, a paradise retreat in a natural, exotic location. This ‘off the beaten track’ island awaits your discovery.
Many rare species call Borneo home, from the wild orangutans that swing through the jungle canopy, through to the Asian elephants, turtles and Proboscis monkeys.
Encounter these wonderful creatures in their natural habitat and witness the magic of the island’s epic biodiversity up close and personal. Once such resort, as featured in Judi Dench’s Wild Borneo Adventure, is the Gaya Island Resort which offers unique ecological sights including the 7 wonders of Gaya.
Both green and hawksbill turtles are native to the waters of the South China Sea. Take a trip to Turtle Island, a National Park, designated to protect newly-laid eggs and hatchlings. Learn about the conservation programme and tour the island’s hatchery area.
When to go to Malaysian Borneo
Travelling outside of the months of November to February is generally recommended. You’re more likely to see orang-utans from April and you can well expect humidity and some rain throughout the year; hence why the rainforests are so lush.
What to do in Malaysian Borneo
A haven for wildlife, surely Borneo’s most coveted attraction is its unspoilt rainforests. The island’s orangutans are its most famous inhabitant, but you’ll also discover pristine beaches and coral reefs, as well as plenty more unusual wildlife, like the cheeky Proboscis monkeys.
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences