Landlocked and covered mostly by arid Kalahari desert, it's one of Mother Nature's most brilliant paradoxes that sees luxury Botswana holidays play host to the remarkable phenomenon of the Okavango Delta, a wondrous wetland that receives its waters from rainfall over 1,000 kilometres away and sustains a huge diversity of flora and fauna.
In the north-east, the Chobe and Linyanti Reserves are renowned for their predators and large concentrations of game. Tourism has been designed very deliberately as high quality, low volume, in order to create a sustainable luxury holiday industry while preserving the environment. The result; an exceptional safari experience.
Where to stay in Botswana
In the north of the country you’ll find its most luxurious new offering in the shape of the Zarafa Dhow Suites; located in the Selinda Reserve with their own private swimming pool, private chef, guide and game vehicle.
If one-off experiences are what you’re looking for on your African safari then Abu Camp is for you. Riding and walking with an elephant herd and sleeping out under the night sky on a ‘Star Bed’ are just some of the incredible activities you can take part in here.
If witnessing the mightiest of Africa’s wildlife - the lion - is what you’re hoping to see on your tour of Africa, then Duba Plains is the luxurious setting for you to base yourself. Located in a remote region with a strong conservation ethos, it’s renowned for its excellent sightings of the creatures. Belmond Eagle Island Lodge offers guests a helicopter permanently on site for wilderness exploring by air and the unique location of being set deep within the lush waterways of the Okavango Delta.
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences