A Dominican Republic holiday is perfect for those who crave variety and adventure.
Ever since the Dominican Republic was discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1492, during his first voyage to the New World, its history has been exciting.
Columbus described it in his journal as ‘a beautiful island paradise with high forested mountains and large river valleys’.
Home to both the highest peak and the lowest point in the Caribbean, along with magnificent beaches and resorts, vast expanses of white sand and clear, sparkling waters, the Dominican Republic is an intoxicating land. 1,000 miles of super fine sand and warm, clear waters beckon you.
The incredible variety of beaches will satisfy everyone: the adventurous, those seeking tranquillity, and everyone in between.
Amanera, or ‘peaceful water’ (derived from ‘aman’, the Sanskrit word for peace and ‘era’, the Taíno word for water), is situated on the north coast of the Dominican Republic, overlooking the ocean and the mile-long Playa Grande Beach whose golden sands make it one of the region’s most beautiful beaches. Located in 2,170 acres of Caribbean jungle, the tropical climate with average temperatures of 2...
- Be immersed in a beautiful oceanfront setting at this boutique all-inclusive hotel
- You’ll be located on the east coast just a 30-minute drive from lively Punta Cana
- Relax in two infinity pools featuring a swim-up bar, whirlpool and ocean views
- Stroll the scenic pathway trails that meander around the hotel grounds
Comprised of 7,000 acres of beaches, gardens, woodlands and marinas, and absolutely brimming with activities and facilities, this spectacular resort has been specially crafted to provide you with everything you could possibly want of a Caribbean escape without ever needing to leave the grounds. Perfect for families, couples or groups, there is a wide selection of different accommodation on offer. ...
- One of an exclusive band of Relais & Châteaux hotels in the Caribbean
- Luxurious suites and villas with a choice of beachfront or garden setting
- Fabulous family facilities including Koko Kids' Club for 4-12 year-olds
- Equestrian centre, Jack Nicklaus golf course and eco adventures including zipline and off-road buggies
- Extensive facilities and treatments at the spa and wellness centre including anti-gravity yoga
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details