Occupying long swathes of Adriatic coastline, these beautiful countries boasts many stunning beaches, whilst mountain ranges, historic ruins and enchanting towns combine to create an enticing cultural experience for the discerning tourist.
With their pristine beaches, out-of-this-world landscapes and intriguing cities, Croatia and Montenegro are fast climbing up the “places to go” list with savvy travellers. When it comes to luxurious holidays in Croatia and Montenegro, you won’t be disappointed either. With coastal hotels complete with stunning views, rural escapes in the picturesque mountains, and city retreats close to the heart of the action, there’s something to tickle every fancy.
If the mood takes you, you can explore both the wonders of Croatia and the petite and perfectly formed beauty of Montenegro in one trip. By bus from Dubrovnik, Croatia’s capital, it’s just an hour and a half to Montenegro. But with so much to do and see in both locales, you’ll do well to spend a decent amount of time in both destinations.
While in Croatia make sure to explore the heady historic sights of Dubrovnik. The old city is a listed UNESCO World Heritage site, with its ancient walls and curiously winding streets. There’s always something to do and see, with open air concerts and theatre productions regularly taking place to a backdrop of the atmospheric old city, and luxury hotels like Villa Orsula Dubrovnik give you a heightened sense of the city’s old-world glamour.
Similar cultural and historic delights can be found in other cities across the country, including Split and Zadar. Or if chilling out is your main aim, you can slip away to the craggy and astoundingly beautiful Adriatic Coast. Here, in hotels like Hotel Monte Mulini you can soak up the ambience of the country’s laid-back coastal towns.
Outdoor pursuits are big news in both Croatia and Montenegro, with visitors indulging in anything from kayaking to scuba diving, mountain biking and rock climbing. With such an array of captivating sights on the edge of every horizon, the pull to get out there and experience it all will work its magic on you in next to no time.
For a more relaxing time, settle onto a sun-soaked beach on Montenegro’s untouched coastline, or stroll through ancient villages like Kotor perched on the country’s cliff sides, sampling food and delicacies at eateries along your way. When it comes to finding that perfect place to lay your head, get the full experience at places like Regent Porto Montenegro, set in the UNESCO listed Boka Bay.
Both Croatia and Montenegro are ideal getaway destinations for families, curious solo travellers and couples looking for the ultimate romantic backdrop. From world listed heritage sites to swathes of green, mountainous landscapes and enticing beaches, you can find your perfect spot with ease.
with Inspiring Travel’s tailormade holidays, tours and itineraries, your dream holiday is within reach.
- Set on Montenegro's beautiful Boka Bay
- Home to Chenot Espace spa - a first-of-its-kind scientific wellness concept
- Sabia by Giorgio Locatelli restaurant, led by the world-class Italian chef
- Impressive old Venetian palace style architecture
- Glamourous parties at Tapasake Club
For cultural charm and a snapshot of old-world Montenegro, your best bet is to take a walk around town or head to nearby Kotor, a UNESCO-listed gem that dates back to the 12th century. Then, return to The Chedi Luštica Bay for a slice of modern-day living, as this polished seafront hotel is as contemporary as it gets in Montenegro, perfectly fitting within its glam marina setting too. The Chedi is...
- The hotel replicates the ambiance of a traditional Mediterranean village on the beachfront with manicured gardens
- Enjoy the private beach with a VIP area, cocktail bar, marina, water sports and diving
- The Marco Polo Kids Club, childcare centre, baby concierge service and sports academies keep children occupied
- Stay conveniently close to Dubrovnik in luxury rooms which all boast a sea view and balcony
- Enjoy sweeping views of the Lovcen Mountain and the palm-tree lines shores of Boka Bay
- Lounge by the pool or relax in the signature Regent Spa
- Explore Porto Montenegro Village within walking distance of the hotel, with gourmet restaurants and activities
- Indulge at the Gourmet Corner, a patisserie offering sweet and savoury treats
- Iconic and timeless hotel with a history of celebrity visitors
- Fantastic location just a short walk from the historic Dubrovnik Old Town
- Relax with amazing views over the Old Town from the bar terrace
- Stroll down to the sunbathing platform for direct access into the sea
This unique, luxury hotel, situated in a spectacular clifftop setting above Miramare Bay and walking distance from the Old Town of Dubrovnik. Here, natural details and contemporary elegance combine beautifully to create an oasis of peace and calm in which to centre the mind, making it an ideal haven for discerning guests wishing to escape the bustle of everyday life. The impressive Energy Clin...
- Visit one of Croatia’s best restaurants, the Wine Vault, or indulge further at the Chef's Table
- Stay in a prime location on the Mulini beachfront with panoramic views of the sea
- Enjoy complimentary bikes to explore the adjacent, centuries old Zlatni Rt park forest
- Explore Rovinj’s quaint cobbled streets just 15 minutes away and explore cafés and art galleries
- Boutique style contemporary hotel with just 13 rooms and an elegant atmosphere
- Located just a short walking distance from Dubrovnik Old Town
- Visit Hotel Excelsior and Hotel Bellevue and enjoy their luxury facilities
- Enjoy fine dining, beautiful gardens and Adriatic Sea views
Discover an enchanting mixture of famous ports and hidden gems as you cruise from Italy, heading up the Ionian Sea along the stunning coast of Croatia and over to Trieste. Regent Seven Seas has a reputation for the finest ships, greatest itineraries and most exciting excursions. Aboard Seven Seas Voyager you'll enjoy all of this and more. The first leg of your journey departs from the historic sho...
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details