Landlocked Hungary sits in the very heart of Europe. But what it lacks in coastline, it certainly makes up for in ancient history, elegant architecture and natural beauty.
Most people's first thoughts are of the Hungarian capital, Budapest, a 'City of Two Halves' and the home of its famous festive markets in the run-up to Christmas.
But there is so much more to a break in Hungary than just mulled wine and honey cookies - though you'd be forgiven for booking your trip solely for those!
There is Lake Balaton to explore for starters, central Europe's largest lake and a year-round destination. Or how about the thriving arts scene, where brilliant museums, galleries and heritage parks give a glimpse into Hungary's storied past. And speaking of history, Hungary has plenty to show off to visitors in the guise of fairytale castles, roman ruins, baroque architecture and ancient buildings.
Away from the cultural tours of Hungary there are plenty of ways to indulge. Like the thermal baths where you can take a healing dip; you'll be spoilt for choice with around 1,500 mineral springs to pick from. There are wine regions to explore too, with the country home to six wine-producing areas and the annual grape harvest being a fun and interesting time to visit.
Where to go in to Hungary 2024 & 2025
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences