Chile is blessed with a landscape of extremes, from the driest of deserts to snow-dusted mountains and bright-blue glaciers.
Running along the spine of South America, Chile stretches over 4,300 kilometres from north to south, yet is just 350 kilometres across at its widest point.
The country is blessed with a landscape of extremes, from the driest of deserts to snow-dusted mountains and enormous bright-blue glaciers. Holidays to Chile manage to squeeze a huge variety of activities into a small timeframe, including tours of lush vineyards in the Central Valley and the dramatic granite columns of the Torres del Paine National Park. Its cosmopolitan capital, Santiago, lies amid one of the most fertile wine-producing regions the world has to offer and is full of colonial charm and a Mediterranean feel. Wine tastings can be undertaken on day trips from Santiago or as part of a longer stay.
Alternatively, travellers can continue south towards the Lake District, where waterfalls and hot springs glitter invitingly, reflecting the spotless white peaks of the Andes. A visit to Chile isn’t quite complete without a stay in beautiful Chilean Patagonia, with time spent exploring the Torres del Paine National Park. An ideal destination for January, here, the vast granite towers which give the park its name plunge into dramatic valleys, surrounded by waterfalls, glaciers and lakes.
In complete contrast, Chile holidays could also visit the Atacama Desert, thousands of kilometres away from the glacial south in the north of the country. At its most ethereal during sunrise and sunset, the Atacama Desert is a photographer’s dream and at certain times the earth and sky appear to turn burnished gold and crimson, depending on the height of the sun. The lunar-like landscape is peppered with geysers and salt flats, and the region is a stargazing hotspot.
Tucked away near the ancient ruins of Pukara de Quitor, Alto Atacama Desert Lodge & Spa occupies an area of serene beauty in the beautiful Catarpe Valley of the Salt Mountain Range. Built to blend into its surroundings, the building is made of materials like adobe brick and locally-sourced terracotta-hued wood, the hotel is built like a traditional adobe settlement, and its architecture, gardens ...
- Stunning location on the edge of the Torres del Paine National Park
- All rooms and communal areas with fantastic views across Lake Sarmiento and towards Las Torres.
- High quality spa and wellness offering with the aim of providing a perfect remedy to a day of activity in the National Park.
- Extensive range of excursions included in your stay with top quality guides
- Unique design of the hotel to seamlessly blend in with its environment using local materials.
As the name suggests, this a unique hotel, ideally located near Puerto Natales and offering easy access to the natural wonders of this region. On the shores of the evocatively named Las Hope Sound, the hotel is the perfect base for exploring the Torres del Paine National Park. Singular Rooms offer 45 square metres of space and a 6-metre window for appreciating the hotel’s beautiful setting. More s...
The Singular Santiago is a luxury hotel conveniently located in the trendy Lastarria neighbourhood. The hotel’s stylish décor is a wonderful combination of neo-classical French architecture and early 20th-century style. With its mix of art, design, music, theatre and gastronomy, The Singular is a truly distinctive blend of the district’s architectural heritage. The hotel houses 62 rooms, including...
- Stroll around the historic city of Lima
- Explore the charming town of Ollantaytambo
- Marvel at the breathtaking sight of Machu Picchu
- See the Moai statues in Easter Island
Tierra Atacama was built with local materials such as adobe and local rock to blend seamlessly into the natural environment. Aspects of the original site, such as the ancient trees and adobe walls, were left intact as a mark of respect for the indigenous people who once lived in San Pedro de Atacama. This boutique lodge offers 30 rooms and two family suites, spectacularly positioned with magnif...
- Luxuriously renovated country home located on a private wine estate in the Rosario Valley on the outskirts of Santiago.
- Excellent tours and tastings at the Matetic Vineyard are included in your stay.
- Organic and biodynamic winery attached to the hotel creates high quality wine
- Extensive range of excursions on offer, with a chance to really experience the local countryside.
- Equilibro restaurant serves high quality Chilean cuisine.
In the heart of Valparaiso’s historical quarter, Palacio Astoreca’s building was originally a Victorian mansion dating back to 1923. Following a meticulous restoration and renovation, this unique construction is now a sophisticated and elegant boutique hotel boasting 23 contemporary rooms, some with views over the Valparaiso Bay vista. Palacio Astoreca’s Restaurant Alegre serves avant-garde cuis...
- Admire the unusual rock formations of the Atacama's Moon Valley
- See the mesmerizing landscape of the Salar de Atacama salt flats
- Explore the historic centre of Valparaiso in Chile
- Visit Easter Island, the most remote inhabited island in the world
- Enjoy the 360-degree views from Sky Costanera in Santiago
- Discover the extraordinary landscapes of San Pedro de Atacama
- Indulge in a wine tasting experience in the Chilean Winelands
- Explore the vast wilderness of Torres del Paine National Park
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - May, 2022
Where is Hot in January?
January is the perfect time to treat yourself to a holiday somewhere hot and sunny. After the long,...Other Shores Team - July, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details