Why you'll love it here...
- Highest quality accommodation option in Ecuador's cloud forest region.
- Unique hotel design in the heart of the cloud forest with panoramic, floor to ceiling glass windows for total immersion with the environment.
- 400 species of endemic wildlife can be found from the lodge.
- Positive community impact with huge emphasis on employing local people.
- The hotel is the perfect blend between luxury and comfort alongside engagement with the local environment.
Voted by National Geographic as a “Unique Lodge of the World” and starring on the BBC series “Amazing Hotels: Life Beyond the Lobby”, eco-friendly Masphi Lodge is a cocoon of luxury in the clouds.
Steel and glass walls allow guests to feel completely immersed in the pristine jungle. With floor to ceiling windows, the building has been designed to blend in beautifully to its surroundings.
Within a 1300-hectare private reserve, north-west of Quito, the area is home to more than 500 species of birds, trees and frogs found nowhere else on earth, crashing waterfalls and jungle cats. With a contemporary design, the décor is modern and minimalist, rooms are spacious, simple yet luxurious. Meals are served in the two-storey, glass-walled dining room, and exceptional Ecuadorian dishes are on the menu using a variety of native fruits, herbs and vegetables.
The recently renovated spa offers rainforest-inspired treatments, and guests can relax in the jacuzzi overlooking the forest reserve. There is a variety of activities available, including a 26-metre observation tower, an open-air viewing platform and terrace, a hummingbird station, butterfly house, and many different nature trails to discover with expert naturalist guides. A unique activity is the sky tandem bike, which is pedalled high up through the tree canopy.
- Spa / Wellness
1/12 - exterior of mashpi lodge ecuador
2/12 - Interior of Mashpi Lodge, Ecuador
3/12 - Guest bedroom at Mashpi Lodge, Ecuador
4/12 - Exterior of Mashpi Lodge, Ecuador
5/12 - Interior of Mashpi Lodge, Ecuador
6/12 - Panoramic View of Interior of Mashpi Lodge, Ecuador
7/12 - Yoga deck, Mashpi Lodge, Ecuador
8/12 - Lodge full view, Mashpi Lodge, Ecuador
9/12 - yaku suite, Mashpi Lodge, Ecuador
10/12 - lounge breakfast, Mashpi Lodge, Ecuador
11/12 - dragonfly activity, Mashpi Lodge, Ecuador
12/12 - distant view, Mashpi Lodge, Ecuador
- Voted one of National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the World
- Breath-taking views of the surrounding forest from the floor-to-ceiling panoramic glass windows
- A cocoon of luxury in the clouds
- Have their own laboratory led by an entomologist, home to investigation projects carried out in the Mashpi Reserve, looking into all kinds of living creatures
24 rooms, safes, hairdryer, Wifi, bathrobe and slippers, reusable water flask
Open-air viewing platform and terrace, garden, lounge, library, jacuzzi, boutique, spa
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details