Lake Titicaca is the world’s highest navigable lake, sitting at an altitude of 3,800 metres on the border between Peru and Bolivia.
Its high elevation means spectacular sunrises and sunsets, silhouetting the distant mountains and reed islands in an array of colours. The Andeans believed that Titicaca was the birthplace of the sun and it’s easy to see why: the still cobalt waters seem to melt into the endless skies dappled with clouds and defined by the snow-capped Andes.
Visiting the lake is a highlight of holidays to Peru for its photographic opportunities and the chance to learn about the indigenous people and their floating homes. For a truly memorable trip, cross the border and visit the idyllic Sun and Moon islands on the Bolivian side of the lake before continuing your South American journey into Bolivia towards La Paz.
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences