Belize is perhaps most famous for its beaches, bordering the coastline in a series of picturesque cayes where the sand is softer than icing sugar.
The reef that runs alongside the coast is second in length only to the Great Barrier Reef, and the tiny islands that pepper the coast are straight out of a glossy travel magazine, boasting luxurious beach resorts where pampering is most definitely on the menu.
Cayes and Islands holidays are ideally combined with a longer itinerary around the country, taking in beaches, jungle interior and neighbouring Guatemala. For snorkelling and diving, Belize’s azure coastline cannot be beaten.
The largest – and most famous – of all the cayes is Ambergris Caye, located in the far north of the reef. The island has just one town, San Pedro, which has grown from a tiny fishing village to a lively resort town and the island’s main port.
Holidays to Cayes and Islands on Ambergris Caye can include all manner of watersports, from snorkelling and diving to sailing and fishing; though the most popular pastime is undoubtedly relaxing on the beaches and enjoying the warm crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea.
The island is easily reached by a short flight from Belize City, with several flights making the journey each day.
For more information on holidays to Belize Cayes and coast and multi-centre breaks to Brazil, call our Travel Specialist today.
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences