Discover the Bewitching Cloud Forest of Monteverde.
Monteverde Cloud Forest is set on the edge of the Tilaran Mountains and is entwined with walking trails that explore the damp trees.
For much of the year, the forest is wreathed in swirling mist, creating not only a unique habitat for copious types of vegetation but also an ethereal atmosphere only enhanced by the wailing cry of a monkey or the haunting call of one of the many species of bird. Set amongst the dense forest you’ll discover a network of well-marked walking trails to suit all fitness levels, from short strolls through the canopy to longer treks that will take you deep into the forest with the company of a knowledgeable guide. Monteverde holidays are enhanced by excellent guiding, where you can learn about the native trees and plants from a local expert, who will also point out any wildlife who should cross your path.
Most of the lodges for holidays to Monteverde are located in the nearby town of Santa Elena, where you’ll also find suspension bridges hoisted into the cloud forest canopy for a bird’s-eye view of the forest. The town is also home to picturesque orchid gardens and a butterfly farm, and access to the forest is mainly by four-wheel drive, due to the road conditions which only worsen in the wetter parts of the year.
Combine your Monteverde holiday with a stay in Arenal to explore the active volcano; a scenic boat trip across Lake Arenal delivers you to your next destination.
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences