Take The Photos You’ve Seen in the Magazines. Atacama Desert Holidays Are a Must-See on Holidays to Chile.
Atacama Desert holidays are a definite ‘must’ on any holidays to Chile. The otherworldly landscapes range from shimmering salt flats to steaming geysers, conical volcanoes and cracked lunar-like earth.
Rising over 4,000 metres above sea level en route to Bolivia in the Andes, some parts of the Atacama Desert are the driest places on Earth. Breath-taking vistas abound here, and the photographer in you will relish the chance to get snap-happy amid the reflective salt pans and adobe villages.
Because of the Atacama Desert’s setting, days are hot and sunny with the clearest blue skies, but as darkness falls the temperature plummets. Freezing temperatures mean you’ll need to wrap up warm for one of the area’s main draws: stargazing. Nowhere on Earth is better for studying the stars, and at least one night observing the clear skies above the desert is a ‘must’.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - December, 2022
Where is Hot in January?
January is the perfect time to treat yourself to a holiday somewhere hot and sunny. After the long,...Other Shores Team - September, 2023
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences