At the furthest reaches of Chile’s southern tip, Chilean Patagonia is made up of dramatic landscapes and eventful weather, which can see the region go through four seasons in one day.
The snow-topped Andes are an awe-inspiring backdrop for the glittering lakes, wide-open steppe, granite cliffs and jagged ice fields – this variation makes Patagonia holidays a favourite for adventure seekers and fans of outdoor pursuits. Many comfortable and luxurious lodges dot the park, and due to its enormous scale the area never feels crowded; in fact, on some tours, visitors are more than likely not to spot another group.
Perfect for a hot weather holiday in January, one of the best places to base yourself is in the town of Puerto Natales, a port city that acts as the gateway to the park and has interesting museums celebrating the region’s indigenous population. You’ll find everything here from boutique wine bars to shops dedicated to kitting you out in the latest gear, but there are plenty of cosy lodgings to choose from away from the town should you seek splendid isolation on your holidays to Patagonia.
Puerto Natales also has a small airport, with flights operating in high season should you wish to escape the five-hour drive from Punta Arenas.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
Where is Hot in January?
January is the perfect time to treat yourself to a holiday somewhere hot and sunny. After the long,...Other Shores Team - September, 2023
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - December, 2022
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences