Easily accessible on foot, the city is one of South America’s most attractive capitals.
Santiago is Chile’s sophisticated capital, which 40% of the country’s population call home. Easily accessible on foot, the city is one of South America’s most attractive capitals and a few nights here will afford the chance to enjoy its many top-class restaurants, fascinating museums, unusual architecture and lovely parks.
Peered over by the snowy peaks of the Andes, the city sits between the mountains and the coast, just two hours’ drive from Valparaiso, a coastal city which can easily be visited on a day trip. Modern influences have spurred regeneration in a number of its attractive suburbs, where bars and chic restaurants have a European feel and attract a stylish crowd in the evenings.
The European influence trickles over into its social scene, as locals and travellers alike can be found sipping potent Pisco Sour cocktails in rooftop bars or taking part in the city’s frequent fiestas: from film fêtes to literary festivals. Santiago’s Mediterranean climate is ideal for exploring, with long, balmy days segueing into cool nights; however, the city is also just a short drive to the Andean ski resorts of Valle Nevado and Portillo, demonstrating how versatile Chilean holidays can be.
Santiago is beautiful and entertaining whatever the season, with local draught beer to drink, cafés in Barrio Italia in which to sip coffee and the vibrant nightlife of Bellavista to enjoy.
The Singular Santiago is a luxury hotel conveniently located in the trendy Lastarria neighbourhood. The hotel’s stylish décor is a wonderful combination of neo-classical French architecture and early 20th-century style. With its mix of art, design, music, theatre and gastronomy, The Singular is a truly distinctive blend of the district’s architectural heritage. The hotel houses 62 rooms, including...
- Admire the unusual rock formations of the Atacama's Moon Valley
- See the mesmerizing landscape of the Salar de Atacama salt flats
- Explore the historic centre of Valparaiso in Chile
- Visit Easter Island, the most remote inhabited island in the world
- Enjoy the 360-degree views from Sky Costanera in Santiago
- Discover the extraordinary landscapes of San Pedro de Atacama
- Indulge in a wine tasting experience in the Chilean Winelands
- Explore the vast wilderness of Torres del Paine National Park
- Admire the dramatic landscape of Patagonia
- Discover the salt flats and geysers of the Atacama Desert
- Enjoy a stargazing experience at Alto Atacama Desert Lodge & Spa
- Stroll around the historic city of Lima
- Explore the charming town of Ollantaytambo
- Marvel at the breathtaking sight of Machu Picchu
- See the Moai statues in Easter Island
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - May, 2022
Where is Hot in January?
January is the perfect time to treat yourself to a holiday somewhere hot and sunny. After the long,...Other Shores Team - April, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details