Of Costa Rica’s many national parks, Manuel Antonio National Park is it's smallest and most popular.
The 4,000 acres of the unspoilt coastal reserve are testament to the country’s dedication to ecotourism, as despite its 150,000 annual visitors it has escaped development and is beautifully untouched by modern tourism. Manuel Antonio holidays will take you to Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast, where you’ll discover immaculate white sand beaches with a backdrop of the vibrant rainforest; a glorious clash of pristine sand, sparkling cerulean waters and shaded emerald jungle.
Manuel Antonio can be easily explored on foot thanks to a well-marked trail system that is raised above the ground on concrete blocks, passing through plantations of cotton-silk, almond and coconut palm trees. Here you might spot a vibrant toucan or the odd monkey swinging benignly through the trees. Registered naturalist guides can take you on a wildlife tour, pointing out the various species you encounter along the way.
Just a few hours’ drive from San Jose, you can be out of the city and on the unspoilt beaches in no time on your Manuel Antonio holiday. There are several swathes of sand to choose from: from tiny Biesanz, bordered by large igneous rocks, to Espadilla with its large waves, and Puerto Escondido, which performs a vanishing act at high tide.
This is a part of Costa Rica where you’re likely to encounter comfortable lodges with extensive and welcoming facilities, so make the most of the spas and restaurants that serve to make your stay as relaxed as possible. It’s possible to stay close to the national park, or in the town of Quepos, perhaps on the cliffs overlooking the coast. Whatever you do, relaxation here is unavoidable. ¡Pura Vida!
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences