Explore the glorious natural beauty of South Africa's south-eastern coast whilst staying in some of the region's finest hotels. Whether twinned with a luxury safari holiday or as a destination of its own, the Garden Route will not disappoint.
Stretching along some stunning coastlines and peppered with hidden coves and charming towns, a luxury South Africa holiday spent exploring the Garden Route is sure to charm the discerning traveller.
A little over an hour from the Winelands, and just a little further still from Cape Town, is the peaceful town of Hermanus. Once a sleepy fishing village, Hermanus is now one of the world's foremost areas for land and sea-based locations to view the Southern Rights whales.
Hermanus is a nature lover's paradise, where you can relax and enjoy the scenery, take nature walks along Walkers Bay, horse ride, play a round of golf, whale-watch or perhaps swim with sharks - if you dare!
Port Elizabeth, at the eastern end of the Garden Route, is the gateway to several malaria-free game reserves; perfect if you have young children in tow. For those wishing to explore a little further afield, the Zulu kingdom of KwaZulu-Natal has an increasing amount of high-quality accommodation and it's easy to combine historic battlefield tours or the majestic Drakensberg Mountains with a few days on the sub-tropical coast near Durban.
Where to go in South-africa
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences