Located on the southeastern coast of South Africa the Eastern Cape enjoys a diverse and spectacular landscape.
The coastline is rugged, unspoiled and lapped by the mild Indian Ocean, the interior ranges from the semi-arid Karoo to the lush forests of the wild coast and the temperate rainforest in the Tsitsikamma region.
The province is bordered by the popular Garden Route and is perhaps best known for Addo Elephant Park and the neighbouring malaria-free game reserves. Addo Elephant Park is one of the great success stories of conservation in South Africa, created in 1931 as a sanctuary for the last 11 elephants that had survived the hunters, extermination efforts of citrus farmers and poachers, today there are more than 450 Elephants living in Addo. The intention is to ultimately expand the park to reach the coast and protect 400,000 hectares.
Following the success of Addo, the area has benefitted from a movement to return wildlife to the area, the conversion of farmland to the bush has been made viable due to the wildlife tourism the area now enjoys. There are now a number of private game reserves located in the region which offer excellent safari experiences, conveniently located as an extension of a holiday to the Garden Route, and are particularly popular with families as the area is Malaria free.
Beyond the Game reserves Port Elizabeth, located on Algoa Bay with its safe beaches, offering a range of water sports, is an ideal family resort. Known as the 'Friendly City' Port Elizabeth records more sunshine hours than any other coastal city in South Africa and the city offers a wide range of attractions from museums and galleries to the Oceanarium featuring dolphin shows.
Where to go in South-africa
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences