Wander the winding roads of the Medina and take in the stunning medieval architecture, the sumptuous smells of spices and the bustle of daily life in this iconic city.
A potent blend of Arab, African and European influences, luxury Marrakech holidays provide a spectacular setting and a dramatic backdrop of a vibrant oasis city.
The day starts with haunting calls to prayer emitted from the city's minarets before the obligatory haggling over rugs and jewellery within Marrakech's famous souks begins.
Marrakech is Africa's first capital of culture in 2020.
A great destination for a short-haul holiday in January, In the evening, a cacophonic drumbeat provides visitors with a dramatic first impression of Djemaa el-Fna, the huge square in the old town where snake charmers, fortune tellers, acrobats, musicians, and dancers cast their enchanting spell.
By dusk, open-air food stalls have added their unique aromas to the chaotic sights and sounds of the city. For a more relaxing experience, take a tour of intriguing Moroccan architecture or the city's immaculate gardens: Yves St Laurent's Majorelle gardens and museum, for instance, provide a glamorous respite from the Marrakech madness.
Marrakech is the perfect place from where to explore the rest of Morocco and with lots of variety when it comes to accommodation, you'll be spoilt for choice on your luxury holiday.
Visit the lovely Ourika Valley, with its cooling waterfalls and Berber villages, or the edge of the Sahara, where fertile plains give way to arid rocks and the beautiful city of Ouarzazate. Wander the flower-filled foothills of the High Atlas or head further north to bask on a golden beach in seaside Skhirat.
Mandarin Oriental Marrakech is a haven of luxury where Moroccan tradition meets modern elegance. Just 10 minutes drive from the city’s famous Medina, this chic sanctuary offers the perfect base for a luxury Morocco holiday. Every accommodation type here is equally appealing, each with its own unique offering. Some 54 luxurious one and two-bedroom villas are each set within their own charming walle...
This beautiful resort certainly lives up to its name, which means ‘peaceful paradise’. Set within a 60 square-metre oasis of palms and olive trees, just outside the walls of the Medina, there’s a sense of isolated luxury here despite an incredible, central location. Accommodation here comprises just 32 spacious pavilions and seven ultraluxe Maisons, which boast their own heated pools, two bed...
- Surround yourself with incredible views of north Africa's highest peak Mount Toubkal and traditional Berber villages
- Feel as though you’re in your very own Moroccan home with exceptional service from local staff
- 28 individually decorated rooms and suites feature traditional Moroccan furnishings and antiques from around the world
- Authentic experiences include tea in a local Berber House, a Berber cooking lesson and bread baking
- A blissful retreat set in 16 hectares of Moorish gardens and refreshing pools
- The resident tea expert will teach you the secrets to brewing the perfect pot of authentic Moroccan mint tea
- Authentic Moroccan hammam experience with a full-body exfoliation and body mask made from Atlas Mountains clay
- Supervised children’s Kasbah featuring theatre, swimming pool, outdoor play space and mini kitchen
- Iconic hotel located in Marrakech just steps away from the Medina
- Unique concept of a medina within a medina
- Spacious, luxury rooms with patios or roof terraces
- Resort activities include creative workshops, Arabic courses and sports
- Kids' Club offers children a taste of Moroccan lifestyle and culture
Marrakech is an endlessly fascinating city, and this exquisite property is perfectly situated for exploring the many palaces, souks and historical gems nearby. Combining all the luxuries of a five-star hotel with the feeling of staying in the heart of the city, this is the ultimate way to experience Marrakech in style. A member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World collection, La Su...
Feted as 'the loveliest spot in the world' by none other than Sir Winston Churchill, this Arabian Nights fantasy is sure to inspire. Built in 1923, this legendary palace of art deco magnificence has undergone an extensive refurbishment programme in the hands of the talented designer, Jacques Garcia. The hotel itself is a haven of timeless elegance set within a walled oasis of fragrant orange g...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
Where is Hot in January?
January is the perfect time to treat yourself to a holiday somewhere hot and sunny. After the long,...Other Shores Team - July, 2022
10 Filming Locations to Inspire Your Next Holiday
2020 might not have been the travel year that many of us were hoping it would be, but that didn't s...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details