The enormous Etosha National Park spreads across an area of some 22,000 square kilometres and is one of the largest national parks on the African continent.
Its vast natural amphitheatre sets the scene as one of the greatest wildlife viewing venues on Earth, and thanks to its concentration of watering holes, the opportunities to spot a wide variety of animals are endless – from lions to elephants, rhino and antelope.
The Etosha Pan is at the heartland of the park, a 5,000 square kilometre rift that’s visible from space. These immense salt flats transform into shallow lagoons for a few days each year, the rains completely altering the region and attracting plenty of birdlife, such as flamingos and pelicans. Alternatively, time your Etosha holidays for late in the season and you’ll find the wildlife, and the grasslands, coated in Etosha’s chalky white dust. The rest of the parkland ripples with savannah interspersed with knotted bush, shielding over 340 species of bird including Hartlaub’s francolin, the Rüppell’s parrot and the White-tailed shrike.
Accommodation options in the park range from lodges surrounding the perimeter of the park to fly-camps within the park itself, which offer surprisingly comfortable facilities despite their remote setting – holidays to Etosha are much-improved thanks to recent upgrades.
Our Africa Travel Specialists can advise on all aspects of holidays to Etosha. They’ve been there and know the best places to visit – call them today.
Where to go in Namibia
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences