Tuscany has been renowned for culture, food and wine, and scenery for hundreds of years - and its international fame is well-earned.
Set deep in the heart of Tuscany, the handsome stone farmhouse of Villa Papavero is the only residence for miles. From here, you can look out over the Valdera region, know for producing complex wines and pig-snuffled truffles, while the town of Lajatico is also nearby.
Villa Papavero may look as old as these hills, but its historic exterior hides perfectly modern, stylish and well-equipped rooms within, which have been conceived to maximise their eco-credentials; geothermal heating and air-conditioning systems allow for energy efficiency.
Seven spacious bedrooms are all on the top floor. Each is decorated with an eye to both their history and modern luxury. All feature double beds but many can convert to twin, and all feature ensuites with double basins and modern showers (the villa has one bath tub).
Air-conditioning throughout ensures comfort through the heat of summer, but screens at all windows mean that they can be thrown open come sundown, to let the breeze drift through.
The large, salt water pool is the perfect way to cool down from Tuscan heat, and the well-equipped poolhouse has its own bathroom and shower, making for an easy day lazing by the water. A barbecue, traditional wood oven, kitchen and covered dining space all make the most of the Mediterranean climate, allowing a truly outdoor-indoor lifestyle.
1/11 - pool at villa papavero tuscany italy
3/11 - countryside setting at villa papavero tuscany italy
4/11 - salon at villa papavero tuscany italy
5/11 - bedroom at villa papavero tuscany italy
6/11 - bedroom at villa papavero tuscany italy
7/11 - al fresco dining at villa papavero tuscany italy
8/11 - aerial view of villa papavero tuscany italy
9/11 - bedroom at villa papavero tuscany italy
10/11 - bedroom at villa papavero tuscany italy
11/11 - bathroom at villa papavero tuscany italy
12/11 - pool at villa papavero tuscany italy
- 7 bedrooms
- The spacious salt water pool affords views of the Tuscan hills surrounding the property, and is gated off and with a generous shallow end - perfect for families and those with babies and toddlers.
- Cited alone amongst the Valdera region, the villa is nevertheless in easy reach of fantastic historical Tuscan towns such as Pisa, Florence, San Gimignano and Volterra
- Enjoy outdoor-outdoor living spaces, perfect for al fresco dining, and watching the sun set over the picture-perfect golden Tuscan hills
- This rustic historic farmhouse hides a well-equipped and fabulously stylish, characterful interior
Meet your Italy Travel Specialists
We have a full team of Travel Specialists with their own personal knowledge of Italy. Give them a call today.
Call our Italy team on
Monday - Friday: 9am - 7:30pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences