Kandy is arguably the most scenic city in Sri Lanka; set around a picturesque lake, surrounded by forested hills.
The most famous site in the city is the Temple of the Tooth Relic. Attracting pilgrims from all over, the temple houses the tooth of the Buddha. Kandy is also renowned for the Esala Perahera, a 10-day spectacle of robed elephants, dancers and musicians that is held annually in July or August.
Other highlights include its evening cultural shows an abundance of gem and jewellery shops. You can easily spend two or three days here exploring the surrounding area and city.
Where to go in Sri-lanka
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences