The Cultural Triangle in Sri Lanka is an area that comprises Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa and Dambulla in the centre of the island, just north of Kandy, and the central highlands. It’s a wonderful destination for lovers of history, as this is the heart of culture in Sri Lanka. Here, you’ll find a bounty of UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as the ancient ruins of royal dwellings and historic cities, Buddhist temples from the first century BC and stunning vistas, especially from the impressive granite rock ruins of Sigiriya.
For something a little different, visit the amazing National Parks, including Wasgamuwa, where you can see Asian elephants in their natural habitats as well as the chance to spot monkeys, rare birds and the elusive sloth bear and Sri Lankan leopard.
The hotels and resorts in this area are luxurious 5-star properties, many of which have an eco-friendly stance whilst focusing on wellbeing and relaxation. Our Travel Specialists will be more than happy to help create a tailor-made experience that allows you to unwind whilst visiting the incredible sites within the Sri Lankan Cultural Triangle. Speak to them today to start planning your luxury itinerary.
Where to go in Sri-lanka
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences