The quaint mountain village of Ubud is approximately one hour's drive north of the capital, Denpasar.
The mountain climate is cooler than on the coast and other than a few late nightspots, village life is serene and quiet.
If you want a central location and a wide range of facilities in a less hurried rural environment for your time in Bali, then the Ubud area is for you. You can enjoy dozens of scenic nature walks around the village - the best time is at dawn.
Perched far above the Ayung Gorge and River, the hotels and restaurants offer wonderful views of the sweeping valley and the mountain slopes covered with rice terraces.
Art galleries, studios and art and craft stalls line the streets - Ubud is a centre of Balinese art and culture, and some of the finest examples of stone, wood and silver can be found.
Just east of Ubud is Bali's former capital, Pejeng, the centre of the Balinese Holy Land and home to the highest concentration of antiquities on the island and within easy reach are the beautiful landscapes and historical sites of Pujung, Gunung Kawi, Goa Gadjah, Tirta Empul, Yeh Pulu
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences