A luxury St Kitts holiday offers visitors a magnificent blend of lush rainforest, coconut groves, long stretches of golden sand and old-world charm.
The island's capital, Basseterre, is a friendly, bustling hub. Welcoming locals go about their daily business, while tourists wander between the elegant Georgian and Victorian buildings of this vibrant yet distinctly down-to-earth harbour town.
Here and elsewhere on the island gastronomes will find fresh seafood dishes and culinary fusions to delight the taste buds.
The north of St Kitts is dotted with sugar mills and former sugar plantations. Many luxury hotels are now based in converted plantation houses, with their distinctive verandahs and unique sense of history. Not to be missed is a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park, a staggeringly well-preserved example of 17th and 18th-Century military architecture, which expands over a sprawling site and whispers stories of the Caribbean's turbulent past.
Nature lovers will delight in exploring the island's interior, with densely packed rainforests covering volcanic mountain ranges. The now dormant Mount Liamuiga dominates the landscape, and the adventurous traveller may even choose to go on a guided trek to the crater rim itself.
Of course, the island also boasts a host of stunning beaches, from quiet coves to lively party spots. For funky beach bars and vibrant nightlife, head south of Basseterre to Frigate Bay, where The Strip - a trendy parade of bars and clubs - forms a social hub for anyone who wishes to party, day or night.
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences