This charming riverside town was once one of Asia’s busiest trading ports.
The UNESCO-stamped port city of Hoi An is about as picturesque, atmospheric and authentic as you could imagine.
Hoi An is home to 15th-century streets, balconied buildings and teahouses, plus a handful of Chinese temples that have barely changed over the last few hundred years.
And although Hoi An’s Old Town tends to (understandably) attract a good number of visitors for its size, there is little to no traffic and you can still find your own secluded spots, particularly at the city’s nearby beaches.
In truth, even when the lanes and waterfront bars or restaurants are busy, it’s still easy to fully appreciate the magic of visiting Hoi An, after all, the busiest of footpaths at the height of the day still pale in comparison to Vietnam’s hectic megacities. While here, Hoi An’s must-see sites include the Japanese Covered Bridge; Hoi An Market and Hoi An Old Town; the Old House of Tan Ky; Ruins of My Son; the Fujian Assembly Hall; and An Bang Beach.
Then, when it comes to your culinary journey, the cuisine of Hoi An is also another highlight. From expert cooking classes to street vendors barbequing fresh seafood, delectable tasting menus of delicate Asian dishes or some of the finest ho noodles, spring rolls and Vietnamese crepes you’ll find anywhere in the country; Hoi An’s gastronomic extravaganza awaits.
Where to go in Vietnam
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
Where's Hot in February?
February offers some excellent opportunities to seek out some sun. So, while it's rainy and chilly ...Other Shores Team - September, 2023
Where's Hot in December? Short and Long-Haul Destinations
Fancy swapping snow and shivers for sunshine? With these luxury holiday ideas, you'll find the best...Other Shores Team - December, 2022
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences