Riverside Hanoi serves up a generous dose of evocative historic sites and shrines, fantastic cuisine and the chance to catch a glimpse of real life in Vietnam’s busy capital city, all in equal measure. A walk through Hanoi’s 13th-century Old Quarter is the perfect place to start, as open thoroughfares and tight alleyways of French colonial buildings have since turned into a myriad of street food vendors, restaurants and ramshackle outlets peddling all manner of authentic wares. It’s a heady travel experience here in Hanoi, so be sure to take it all in.
None of this is for show, however, as while the hum of Hanoi’s Old Quarter is exciting to visit on street level, the upper floors of these dilapidated colonial buildings (complete with original stone balconies) are usually inhabited by local residents. Think hanging laundry and pot plants, satellite dishes and a tangle of telephone wires lining the way.
There is then so much else to uncover while touring this top Vietnamese city, with highlights of Hanoi including the ornate Opera House; Hoan Kiem Lake with its famous island temple and bridge; Thang Long Imperial Citadel; the National Museum of Vietnamese History; Bach Ma Temple; and Tran Quoc Pagoda, a 6th-century Buddhist shrine on the banks of Hanoi’s West Lake, to name just a few.
The Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi is something of a landmark in the Vietnamese capital, an iconic building steeped in local history since 1901. Close to the Opera House of the French Quarter, it’s a true taste of times past; with timeless refinement at every turn. Dining is an experience in itself, from the French cuisine at Le Beaulieu to the courtyard dining of the Spices Garden Restaurant. Loc...
The 105 rooms and suites that make up this five-star hotel have interesting décor; bright hues, different textures and mood lighting really set the tone. Think cooling dark wooden floors and vibrant Asian soft furnishings. Throughout the hotel, and including the rooms, guests will enjoy the free Wi-Fi. The spacious bathrooms own a touch of the exotic and feature luxury bath products. Within t...
The Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa is a luxury boutique hotel, located in the historic Old Quarter of Hanoi. It offers guests a fantastic location, just 3 minutes walk from the Lake of Restored Sword and boasts views over the capital. The Essence Suites offer guests a separate living area and feature a private balcony with views of the streets and city of Hanoi, ideal for those who want a more luxuriou...
- Discover the beautiful architecture and history of Ho Chi Minh
- Relax and pamper yourself at your beach resort in Hoi An
- Take advantage of your time in Hoi An and explore this charming riverside market town
- Experience bustling Hanoi and take a cyclo tour of the Old Quarter
- Visit the impressive Pak Ou Caves carved out of a limestone cliff with Buddha images
- Explore Hanoi's Old Quarter on a guided walking tour
- Discover the charming ancient town of Hoi An with your guide
- Witness the sunset from the historic and scenic Angkor Wat
- Enjoy a cyclo tour of Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Visit the spectacular Imperial Citadel
- Admire the 400-year-old Japanese Covered Bridge
- Explore the amazing Cu Chi Tunnels
- Visit an ancient longhouse
- Take a leisurely 5km bike ride through paddy fields to Dong Tam Village
- Admire the dramatic limestone peaks of Halong Bay, a World Heritage Site
- Enjoy a morning boat trip to Cai Rang Floating Market
- Take a cooking class and learn about "Royal" restaurant cuisine
- Visit a neighbourhood "wet" market to learn about Vietnamese ingredients
- Learn about rice cultivation and enjoy lunch with a local family
- Discover local street food and have a drink or two at a live music cafe
- Marvel at the beautiful scenery of World Heritage Site Halong Bay
- Enjoy views over beautiful terraced paddy fields in Muong Hoa valley
- Relax on a boat cruise on the romantic Perfume River in Hue
- Discover the charms of Hoi An on a walking tour and see the 400 year old Japanese Covered Bridge
- Discover the sights of Phnom Penh in a traditional cyclo
- Explore the temples including Bayon Temple with its 216 faces carved out of the rock
- Take a boat to the Cai Be floating market and cruise on to Dong Hoa Hiep Island
- Spend the night on board a Junk amongst the stunning karst formations of Halong Bay
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details