- Soar over Lake Abraham and Cline River with majestic views of steep canyons, river rapids and mountain vistas
- Fly over Cline Pass at 3048 metres and over the Six Glaciers; Cline Glacier, White Goat Glacier, Lion & Lioness Glaciers, Resolute Glacier and Hanging Glacier
- Marvel at the sight of Michelle Lakes; twin lakes divided by a 15 metre waterfall
- Depending on the season, this tour either includes a wilderness walk along an alpine lake, or a snowshoe walk on top of a mountain.
- Duration: 20 minute flight + 1 hour hike
- Type: Group Experience
Explore Canada’s Columbia Icefield, from its winding valleys and surrounding skies, on an incredible heli-hiking tour. This 100,000-year-old sheet of ice is a rare sight and, dating back to the formative Great Glaciation period, a valuable piece of the Earth’s history. All the family can take to the skies to share this unforgettable adventure. Beginning in your private helicopter, soar 10-12000ft high over North America’s hydrological apex, its Continental Divide, and three staggering icefields, bright and gleaming in the sunshine. Touch down on land and enjoy a fascinating walk in the summer wilderness, absorbing the scenes alongside the glowing alpine lake, or a mountain snowshoe walk in the winter. Some of the highest mountains in the Canadian Rockies line the edges of the icefield, including Mountain Alberta, Mount Andromeda and Mount Athabasca. They’re magnificent pillars to stand as backdrop to your adventures.
1/5 - The 6 Glaciers Heli Tour with Wilderness Walk
2/5 - The 6 Glaciers Heli Tour with Wilderness Walk
3/5 - The 6 Glaciers Heli Tour with Wilderness Walk
4/5 - Cline River Photo Credit: Rafal Andronowski @thealpinestart
5/5 - The 6 Glaciers Heli Tour with Wilderness Walk
Meet your Banff Travel Specialists
We have a full team of Travel Specialists with their own personal knowledge of Banff. Give them a call today.
Call our Banff team on
Monday - Friday: 9am - 7:30pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday: 10am - 4pm