1/12 - view of resort at shangri la barr al jissah resort spa oman - al waha
3/12 - swimming pool at shangri la barr al jissah resort spa oman - al waha
4/12 - executive bedroom at shangri la barr al jissah resort spa oman - al waha
5/12 - Bait Al Bahr at Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, Oman - Al Waha
6/12 - View of at Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, Oman - Al Waha in the evening
7/12 - family king room at shangri la barr al jissah resort spa oman - al waha
8/12 - swimming pool at shangri la barr al jissah resort spa oman - al waha
9/12 - Capri court at Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, Oman - Al Waha
10/12 - Pool bar at Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, Oman - Al Waha
11/12 - lobby area at shangri la barr al jissah resort spa oman - al waha
12/12 - Childrens Adventure Zone at Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, Oman - Al Waha
13/12 - restaurant area at shangri la barr al jissah resort spa oman - al waha
Interconnecting Family Rooms feature a children’s bathroom and Playstation
Why you'll love it here
- Superb beachfront location - turtles even nest here at certain times of the year
- Al Waha means "The Oasis", and the hotel's several swimming pools form an oasis with a Lazy River
- Kayaks, snorkel equipment, paddle board and glass-bottom kayaks are available
- Cool Zone Kids Club for children up to 8 years old, plus Adventure Zone for family fun
- Family, Kids (4-12), Teens (13+)
Full accommodation information
Shangri La’s Al Waha Hotel is located on a secluded bay, 45 minutes drive from the airport and 20 minutes to Muscat Town.
It is actually three hotels under one resort umbrella, each of which has its own style and personality so perfect for any luxury Oman getaway.
Al Waha offers 262 rooms and is the most family-oriented of the three, due to its close proximity to the children’s facilities and its interconnecting family rooms (with complimentary Playstation).
Restaurants at Shangri La's Al Waha Hotel
The resort offers a superb selection of restaurants, with a good choice of cuisine, location and price. Each hotel has its own swimming pool, plus there is a lazy river option linking Al Waha and Al Bandar which has proved popular with adults and children alike.
Other main facilities include CHI, the Spa and an attractive beachfront where a selection of watersports can be arranged. Families are well catered for with a kid's and teens club, and from January to June children can get involved in the Turtle Nesting programme.
All guests can enjoy complimentary wi-fi in their room and throughout the Resort, complimentary bottled water in their room, by the pool and on the beach, a daily English or Arabic newspaper, and daily shuttle bus to the Muttrah Souk in old Muscat.
Adventures for kids
Adventure Zone, is an indoor play area for children housed within this facility with exciting drop slides, play equipment and themed party rooms. Located in Al Mazaar Souk, adjacent to the Omani Heritage Village, it is open to both hotel guests and local residents or visitors. You can register at Al Waha hotel Reception and be escorted by shuttle to the Zone. It can accommodate up to 100 children offering fun, learning and inspiring activities. Designed for children aged four to 17 years. Younger guests can join the Toddler Zone for under-threes with a soft play area, ball pool, padded climbers etc. Internet stations are available and there are daily Nintendo Wii Sports challenges.
The Al Manzaar retail souk located next to the Omani Heritage Village has opened with a select number of retail outlets.
Compromised of a small collection of luxurious resorts, the Barr Al Jissah Waha and its nearby sister property Al Bandar are two of the most family-friendly destinations in Oman. Each has their own pool and more famously a 500-metre lazy river that links the two hotels which are popular with both adults and kids.
Treated like VIPs, children are well catered for through a comprehensive kids’ club and dedicated adventure zone, which often includes a turtle nesting programme throughout the summer months.
Al Waha is more suitable for younger children, particularly those with infants and toddlers as there are a wide variety of baby facilities and amenities available upon request.
For parents to get the most out of their time at these resorts, make use of the two swimming pools, four floodlit tennis courts, on-site sailing school, and scuba diving lesson.
If in the mood for pure relaxation, make use of the 24H babysitting services, and line up a few treatments at the CHI, The Spa, a rejuvenating oasis that will leave you feeling replenished and prepared to enjoy the rest of your holiday.
- The resorts’ Turtle Care Project aims to protect and raise awareness of the endangered native turtles. A dedicated turtle ranger will keep you updated with news of any nesting activity and emerging hatchlings during the season
- For a special evening, dine at Shahrazad, the only authentic Moroccan restaurant in Muscat
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our Oman experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Monday - Friday: 9am - 7:30pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Meet your Oman Travel Specialists
We have a full team of Travel Specialists with their own personal knowledge of Oman. Give them a call today.
Call our Oman team on
Monday - Friday: 9am - 7:30pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences