Road to Mandalay, A Belmond Boat invites you on a luxurious voyage of discovery along the Ayeyarwady River. As you wind your way through Myanmar, you’ll experience incomparable service and sense of elegance that fully embodies the signature style of Belmond.
Discover Belmond Road to Mandalay
Having been renovated into a grand cruiser for its journey to the Ayeyarwady, Road to Mandalay is an unforgettable way to experience this mesmerising destination. First venturing along the river in 1996, its pioneering presence has long been a part of life along the banks.
With thoughtful excursions and activities to help you discover more, this voyage immerses you in everything that makes Myanmar such a unique destination.
Why Choose Belmond Road to Mandalay
Watching the first rays of sunlight peek over the top of Bagan’s famous pagodas is an experience unlike any other. It’s impossible not to be swept away in the romance of the river, which slowly fills with bamboo rafts and fishermen as you approach the port – a truly authentic experience. Whether it’s finding inner peace and relaxation or engaging in active exploration, this voyage has something for every traveller.
- Dining – discover evocative menus filled with Asian flavours to be experienced al fresco or below deck.
- Observation Deck – get the best views of Myanmar and perhaps enjoy a sunrise yoga session.
- Unique experiences – witness traditions such as the ancient almsgiving ceremony in the town of Myin Mu.
Road to Mandalay promises to be an intimate experience. With just 46 elegant cabins, small guest numbers ensure that your voyage feels exclusive, allowing you to connect with your surroundings. With plenty of space on board, you can truly savour the beauty of the river and the breathtaking views of Myanmar. You’ll find luxurious amenities on board, where you can also relax on a sun lounger or take a dip in the pool – perfect for cooling off in the tropical heat. There’s even a small fitness area and a spa where you can refresh yourself or unwind.
Road to Mandalay offers short yet enriching itineraries that would work perfectly in combination with a wider tour of Myanmar. However, they also give the option of longer cruises along the Chindwin and Ayeyarwady rivers for travellers who want to extend their Belmond experience on the water.
There are so many once-in-a-lifetime experiences to be had on all of Belmond’s voyages. Two of their itinerary highlights are the royal city of Mandalay and the ancient capital of Bagan. Both give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in a fascinating cultural heritage. Then, back on the vessel, you can retire into pure luxury and comfort.
However you plan your Road to Mandalay cruise into your holiday, it’s sure to be an incredible experience.
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences