- Enjoy an invigorating 25-minute jetboat tour through narrow Shotover Canyons
- Race through the rugged canyons on this exhilarating adventure in a high-powered twin V8 engine jetboat travelling up to 85kph
- Expert drivers take you within a hair’s breadth of the awe-inspiring cliff face and include plenty of full, 360° spins!
- Operating since 1965, Shotover Jet is world famous and one of the world's most thrilling jetboat rides
- Duration: 25 minute jetboat ride - Transfers available from Queenstown
- Type: Group Experience
If you’re seeking a thrill, take on this invigorating 25-minute jetboat tour on the Shotover River in Queenstown. It’s a fast and furious experience, and it lets you get up close to the incredible natural beauty of Shotover's rugged canyons.
Ngai Tahu, the Maori people of this land, are the proud owners of the jetboats, letting you immerse yourself in exclusive access of the river that has been a huge part of their lives for centuries. The region’s rugged canyons are a sight to behold, carrying over a thousand years of history, and formerly teeming with widely desired gold.
Climb aboard your Shotover jetboat, a powerful twin V8 engine machine and prepare for a riveting ride across the waters. Race past rocky outcrops and over rushing rapids as you move up and down the river. Hold on tight for the world-famous 360° spins! We recommend you bring warm layers, waterproofs, beanies and gloves to keep you as dry and warm as possible on this adventure! You can make your own way to the Shotover River or transfer by Shotover bus from Queenstown.
Meet your Queenstown Travel Specialists
We have a full team of Travel Specialists with their own personal knowledge of Queenstown. Give them a call today.
Call our Queenstown team on
Monday - Friday: 9am - 7:30pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday: 10am - 4pm