Considered by many to be one of the world’s best drives, a holiday to the Garden Route will leave visitors spellbound with its abundance of rivers, spectacular mountains, lagoons, lakes beaches and wildlife.
The gateway to this natural paradise is Port Elizabeth which has wide beaches, an impressive promenade and wonderful examples of Victorian architecture.
Tsitsikamma National Park which stretches for 80 km is home to many indigenous trees and wildlife and offers many exciting activities such as bunjee jumping and river rafting as well as hiking and bird watching.
The Wilderness area, with its series of lakes and wildlife is a favourite destination for surfers, hikers and nature lovers. Wilderness beach is an exceptional expanse of white sand with small shops and cafes lining the road directly behind.
Knysna is one of the most beautiful resorts in South Africa with its sandstone heads guarding the entrance to its huge tidal lagoon, which is surrounded by forests, marshes and stunning beaches.
Part of the semi arid Karoo also falls within the Garden Route and offers a stark contrast with the lush coastline and here you can visit the Cango Caves with their amazing limestone formations. The nearby town of Oudtshoorn is in the centre of ostrich country and the farms are a great attraction.
Plettenberg Bay enjoys sweeping golden sand beaches, buzzing bars and restaurants and a lively holiday vibe, in part due to the number of holiday homes here. Plett as the locals call it offers the perfect start or end to a Garden Route Holiday.
Where to go in South-africa
The Inspiring Difference
Personal to you
- We get to know you personally
- Tailor-made holidays that are unique to you
- Enhancing your escape with personal touches
Experts in luxury
- Expert Travel Specialists with first-hand knowledge
- Only the best premium travel experiences
- Handpicked selection of world-class luxury resorts
- Speak to us any time with 24-hour support
- Premium concierge service
- Personal relationships with our passionate team
- Nearly 50 years of bespoke luxury travel
- Strong Relationships with industry partners
- Diverse portfolio and exclusive experiences